Air Source Heat Pumps
4 Seasons Solutions supply, install and maintain a range of Air Source Heat Pumps (ASHP) in domestic and commercial applications throughout the South West. As experienced Heating Engineers we provide a solution for different properties, and have various ASHP that can be specified.
The Government is committed to supporting renewable technologies such as Heat Pumps to promote the move away from fossil fuels and address the climate emergency.
- Suitable for properties with limited outside space
- Suitable for a range of domestic properties
- Remote access available
- High temperature ASHP available for older properties
- ASHP operate even in extreme cold conditions -15 deg C
- Produce water up to 80 deg C
- Funding of £7,500 available via the Boiler Upgrade Scheme
- Easy to install and ideal for retrofit properties
What Are Heat Pumps?
Heat pumps are the hub of a modern, green energy system. Replacing a traditional boiler, your heat pump powers your property's heating system to take care of all of the heating and hot water demands.
Before we can recommend a heat pump system, we need to discuss your specific needs. Once we know the requirements we can then establish if your property is suitable.
How does a Heat Pump work?
Heat pumps use a small amount of electrical energy to run the compressor, pumps and electronics to enable the refrigeration process to work. It uses low grade heat via the energy in the air or ground. The compressor compresses the low temp gas into high temp gas. The condenser gives up its energy, changes from gas-liquid, condenses via a heat exchanger and provides the heat for hot water and heating. The expansion vessel changes the high pressure liquid into a low pressure liquid, ready for the cycle to begin again.
Interested? Contact us to discuss your project...
You can contact the 4 Seasons Solutions team by phone or email.
Heat pumps are highly energy efficient and recognised as a renewable heat technology by European Union and the UK Renewable Energy Strategy. As a renewable technology, air source heat pumps allow opportunities for grant and tax benefits to be claimed.
Highly energy efficient heat pumps which qualify for listing on the Energy Technology List (ETL) are eligible for the Government’s Enhanced Capital Allowance (ECA) scheme. The ECA provides enhanced tax relief allowing an investment in energy saving technology to be written off against the taxable profits of the period. For more information, visit www.eca.gov.uk/etl
Air Source Heat Pumps
An air-to-water system distributes heat via your wet central heating system.
Heat pumps work much more efficiently at a lower temperature than a standard boiler system. This makes them more suitable for underfloor heating systems or larger radiators, which give out heat at lower temperatures over longer periods of time.
Is an Air Source Heat Pump suitable for me?
To tell if an air source heat pump is right for you, there are a few key questions to consider:
- Do you have somewhere to put it? You'll need a place outside your home where a unit can be fitted on the ground. It will need plenty of space around it to get a good flow of air. A sunny wall is ideal.
- Is your home well insulated? Since air source heat pumps work best when producing heat at a lower temperature than traditional boilers, it's essential that your home is insulated and draught-proofed well for the heating system to be effective.
- What fuel will you be replacing? The system will pay for itself much more quickly if it's replacing an electricity or oil heating system.
- What type of heating system will you use? Air source heat pumps can perform better with underfloor heating systems, although they can work with radiators if they are sized correctly.
See How Much You Could Save
Interested? Get in touch today...
Contact the 4 Seasons Solutions team by phone or email.